[Grassroots-l] Weekend Food for thought

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 22:10:40 EDT 2008

Christoph wrote:

POINT #1: ALL THE ENTHUSIASM IN THE WORLD FAILS IF IT CAN NOT BE HARNESSED.
POINT #2: WE STILL DO NOT HAVE A COMPREHENSIVE SET OF FEDORA WORK ITEMS
SUITABLE FOR NEWBIES
POINT #3: ONCE WE HAVE STRONG TASK MANAGEMENT TOOLS, WE CAN FUNNEL ALL
KINDS OF NEW ENERGY INTO OUR PROCESS.

This is dead-on. We definitely need the "Idea Funnel" proposed by Greg
Dek.

Before this though, we could benefit by having clear milestones and
goals for content development rather than the current ad hoc approach.

>Another thing that I've been also thinking about - but don't know how
>feasible it really is - is setting up mini-competitions (think
>"Challenge XO" or something) to get more community members involved in
>creating content, writing activities, documentation, testing, etc.

To make this useful, you will need to start w/ clear goals for the competitions
drawn from the pilots. Otherwise, the projects will go in all different
directions as in Greg's Point #1

Your Co-Editor at OLPC News

Bryan Berry