[Grassroots-l] pilot project working group

Chris Hager chris at linuxuser.at
Sat Jan 26 05:49:08 EST 2008

Hello,

I think a 'pilot project working group' is an excellent idea. Although
I'm not completely sure what it would do, there certainly are things to
do... like

* collecting and focussing information and documentation
* making it available to others
* the list of pilot projects with contacts
* a guide on "how to initiate a pilot"

The next steps could be:

* Further identify tasks and ideas for this working group
* Fix an IRC Meeting related to pilot projects
* Start collecting information

I'm happy to contribute a little time with technical assistance, mainly
on storing and exchanging information and documents. Also I can keep you
up-to-date about the austrian pilots.

I've added a few Infos to
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Europe/Pilot_Project_Working_Group; we
could use this as a starting point, and as a place to collect ideas.

Imho, a few people working on structuring the pilot-project related
informations and it's exchange will be a great step forward. It makes
life easier for everyone, lowers the barrier for new pilots, will
enhance the quality of current ones, and after all helps the exchange
about experiences and ideas.

Best greetings from Vienna,
  Chris