[Grassroots-l] Your voice in EU website and OLPC

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Mon Feb 25 09:43:50 EST 2008

Hi,

On Monday 25 February 2008 14:33, Aaron Kaplan wrote:
> right! but instead of having a horizontal approach where everybody
> feels comfortable and *asked* if he/she wants things in a certain
> way, people here already decided to go their own way
> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/103986

As said on the german list already, this event was prepared in the open on
this mailinglist, discussed in accounced IRC meetings (with public logs) with
summaries posted on this list and the event was even announced on
devel at lists.laptop.org. So you can hardly claim "you were not asked".

The slides were also announced in the IRC meeting before FOSDEM, see
http://meetbot.debian.net/meetbot/olpc-europe.log.20080221_1704.html for the
link.

> <no sarcasm>I would prefer if this would have been done more
> professionally. Even the announcement about OLPC Germany <> OLPC
> Deutschland is wrong</>

Newsflash: Journalists make mistakes.

We have now send a mail pointing out the error to heise.de, and the article
has been corrected.

regards,
	Holger