[Grassroots-l] Your voice in EU website and OLPC

jaume jaume at nualart.com
Fri Feb 29 05:09:53 EST 2008

Hi all,
looks like olpc europe model its been discussed,... that's very
positive, imho.

Two keypoints that I really like from OLPC project are:
- Lot of people right now in the project, come from other international
and political projects (debian, indymedia, social wifies, hack labs,...)
- OLPC is a project for the whole society.

The first point makes me feel sure that _we_ will be able to find ways
to organize and go ahead.
And the second point, makes this project different from the ones I
mentioned before, and probably is the main challenge: be able to
communicate with everybody, and be able to invite everybody as a
grassroots based community.

So, I don't know what will be olpc europe in the future, but right now,
in general, I agree with the Aaron opinion.
We have to avoid creating structures before they are needed.

At the same time, I'm not such afraid right now to someone is building
bureaucratic  structures: who wants them? wha we need them for?

The way we know how to use the communication tools, and the culture of
horizontal networks is, probably, the best way we can follow.

(hope that helps to build)
jaume