[Grassroots-l] Your voice in EU website and OLPC

Aaron Kaplan aaron at lo-res.org
Mon Feb 25 04:07:30 EST 2008

On Feb 25, 2008, at 9:58 AM, Alexander Todorov wrote:

> OK, I'll try to explain. Here's my view:
> at the given website EU citizens can give their opinion about
> different topics.
> I don't know how popular is the website but it's supposed to reach
> broader
> audience. We can use this to reach to these people and ask them
> about OLPC.

the nice thing about OLPC is that it is so grassroots.

You don't NEED to ask anybody if they think it is good if you program
some activity for the XO or the asus EeePC or the classmate.
It is ALL about open sourcing education and educational tools.

So... I STILL don't understand why you want to ask anybody if they
think it is cool

Just CREATE nice things. Then present them. But please please please
(!!!) don't talk and talk and blabla about
what would be good as an OLPC_Europe thing. Just do things on your
own and present it to everybody out there.
That is the most effective way. Like that we 1) don't need any big
control structures (like an "OLPC_Europe parliament")
2) nor the nasty side effects of politics.

--> DON't ASK, DON'T DO POLITICS , JUST DO AND CREATE AND PROPOSE
GOOD SOLUTIONS WHICH WORK.

This is my very strong opinion.
If OLPC_Europe turns into some politics game, I will be out of it.

a.