[Grassroots-l] Collaboration with neighbors for Give Many OLPCs.

Ajay Kumar ajay at classapart.org
Fri Dec 7 11:48:40 EST 2007

Dear All,

I joined the grassroots list today on being pointed to it by Andreas
Trawoeger of Austria, and hope to be a positive contributor.

I had posted to the india list
(http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/india/2007-October/000089.html )
about the mashup we were building to help collaboration among teams who
wanted some OLPCs but not enough to be able to achieve the give-many
threshold.

We have made a few changes incorporating the feedback we received, and
are in the process of making some others. Though we are not completely
ready to release it, it is important to get it out as the December
deadline is approaching fast.

So, please feel free to start using http://www.classgrid.com/laptop .

It should allow you to:

    * Tell others that you are interested in procuring x number of
      laptops at such and such school.
    * Find out about others who are interested in the area.
    * Collaborate with others to place a collective order.
    * <coming soon> Read about OLPC
          o News
          o Blogs
          o Mailing list discussions

We hope that our 2 cents of contribution in pulling this website
together would help the community and the OLPC cause.

Please also keep me posted on any features you would like. And if
possible, volunteer to implement the features. :)

Kind Regards,
Ajay