[OLPC-Games] Game framework development

Roberto Fagá robertofaga at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 18:36:50 EDT 2007

Hello Clare!

I think there were three Summer of Code projects in game development:
mine (Adventure/Storyteller creator and some game libs/engine),
Lincoln's (most of his work was OLPC-Games wrapper with PyGame) and
Patrick's (Platform maker) projects. Not sure about the others, but
mine project isn't done (usable), and is intentioned to be usable by
children, but add-ons and tests will be great too. And I made some
libs too which can help in 'multimedia' games, or games which can be
made by flash.

You can find my project there:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/ISIS

Anyway, I can help you with PyGame (sadly just by internet), and help
more after November. Also, there are some 'frameworks' (better saying,
libs) which help on development too, take a look at some of them:
http://www.pygame.org/projects/9 . But I think, as your class wants
many different game genres, they'll need help from coders if they
don't want to code.

[]'s