[OLPC-Games] Game framework development

Clare Richardson clare at girlstart.org
Mon Oct 1 17:57:49 EDT 2007

What is the status of creating game frameworks or engines in Pygame for
easier game development? I believe there was some work done for a Summer
of Code project, but I can't find anything on the wiki about it.

We've got a real need for this at Girlstart, since we have 50 - 60 girls
designing and developing their own games starting in Jan '08 (see my
previous email re: Project IT Girl for details). We want to make sure
this isn't a project management nightmare! We need usable frameworks for
different types of games to make it easy for them to succeed in writing
their game.

Who would be interested in working on this in the next 3 months?  We
need to work out some details, but we have funding we can put towards it
and we have the girls' preliminary game ideas. We just need YOUR Pygame
expertise and time!!

Clare Richardson
Technology and Program Coordinator
Girlstart