[OLPC-Games] Testing Frameworks

Kent Quirk kent_quirk at cognitoy.com
Thu Apr 26 22:24:56 EDT 2007

It's always a good idea to build some test code for your modules.

There are people who argue that "test-driven development" (TDD) is
actually cheaper than normal development processes, since you spend less
time debugging. Done right, I think I probably agree. But it's probably
not true for the first couple of times you do it.

Take a look into py.test instead of unittest -- it lets you write tests
that don't change your code at all, which is nice in a platform like the
OLPC where you don't want to affect your code.

    Kent