[OLPC-Games] Gcompris on the XO

stas zytkiewicz stas.zytkiewicz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 10:50:04 EDT 2007

On 4/17/07, bruno.coudoin at free.fr <bruno.coudoin at free.fr> wrote:

> > I agree with Bruno on that. It all exists already.
>
> Sorry, you don't get my point, I don't think GCompris does the job, there
> are very specific requirements in this project that makes all we did mostly
> irrelevant under Sugar. We need first to define the requirements of this
> project, how do we want to develop, distribute and manage all these activities,
> maybe some code can be reused from project A or B but it doesn't matter until
> we know what we are building there.

I have a simple perception of this, perhaps I'm naive.
I started schoolsplay because there's a need for a collection of
educational activities
like learning math, reading, writing without to much bells and
whistles but with
extensive data collecting.
As you know SkoleLinux, which is a GNU/Linux framework for schools, agrees that
there's a need for such a thing.
I assume schoolsplay would also be a nice program to have on OLPC.

The reason I'm trying schoolsplay on OLPC is that if there are special
needs for OLPC I
can easily add them to schoolsplay as the schoolsplay design is not
yet finalized.

Stas

--
The purpose of democracy is to make sure that wealthy people cannot
have influence proportional to their wealth. And if they do have more

   RMS