[OLPC-Games] Gcompris on the XO

bruno.coudoin at free.fr bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Tue Apr 17 08:26:22 EDT 2007

Selon { K I R A N } <mybutwal at gmail.com>:

> Gcompris vs Basictivity
>
> Gcompris is a great tool. We want similar tool with more features and less
> resource consumption for XO. We know there will be so many activities which
> should be included in XO, while distributing XO to the children. Those
> activities will be curriculum based. For example we have a list of child
> centric activities provided by IFCD (Innovative Forum for Community
> Development) for grade 1 - 3. If we are going to port these activities in
> the XO, there is no place holder for these activities, and we have to make a
> base (multi-activities place holder) with some features. We are trying to
> build such tool named Basictivity which will provide such multi-activities
> place holder with administering option.

I simply don't get it. What you describe in your project is the current design
of GCompris or Childsplay. I though on the XO that the activity will be managed
by sugar itself. What the point of creating another software level:
Sugar --> Activities
      --> basictivity --> activity in the basicactivity API