[OLPC-Games] hello

stas zytkiewicz stas.zytkiewicz at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 01:26:36 EDT 2007

On 4/7/07, Kent Quirk <kent_quirk at cognitoy.com> wrote:

> > for OLPC. I want to make schoolsplay suitable to run on the OLPC platform.
> > I've read on this list that pygame will become part of a OLPC build,
>
> According to John (J5): "As of build 379 both pygame and the SDL
> libraries are in the builds. "
I have (stable) build 368, so that explains why I couldn't find it :-)

> However, unless he worked true miracles, it doesn't yet integrate well
> with Sugar and the event loop. So things work, and can be tested, but we
> still have some steps to make it an integrated platform.
>
> But unless you're really burning with desire to see it run on the XO,
> I'd suggest that you keep developing in PyGame on your existing platform
> and wait a week or two for us to get it right.
OK, I assume there will be a post to this list when pygame is ready.

> Seems like everyone is excited by schoolsplay. Keep up the good work!
I will, thanks you.

Stas

--
The purpose of democracy is to make sure that wealthy people cannot
have influence proportional to their wealth. And if they do have more

   RMS