[OLPC-Games] hello

Kent Quirk kent_quirk at cognitoy.com
Fri Apr 6 21:30:23 EDT 2007

stas zytkiewicz wrote:
> Hello, my name is Stas Zytkiewicz and I'm the author of , among
> others, childsplay and schoolsplay which are educational game suites
> for young children.
> http://childsplay.sf.net
> http://schoolsplay.sf.net
> Schoolsplay is activly developed and meant as a replacement of childsplay.
>
> I'm a big fan of the OLPC project and was delighted to hear that
> pygame/SDL was available
> for OLPC. I want to make schoolsplay suitable to run on the OLPC platform.
> I've read on this list that pygame will become part of a OLPC build,
> is it already included
> in a build or is there a time path when it will?
>
> Regards,
> Stas Zytkiewicz

Hi, Stas, and welcome!

According to John (J5): "As of build 379 both pygame and the SDL
libraries are in the builds. "

However, unless he worked true miracles, it doesn't yet integrate well
with Sugar and the event loop. So things work, and can be tested, but we
still have some steps to make it an integrated platform.

But unless you're really burning with desire to see it run on the XO,
I'd suggest that you keep developing in PyGame on your existing platform
and wait a week or two for us to get it right.

Seems like everyone is excited by schoolsplay. Keep up the good work!

    Kent