[Etoys] Stuff to do for Sugar release 0.84

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 3 02:36:08 EDT 2009

ok, after fighting with virtualbox emulation (and eventually giving up), and
incomplete SuSE Sugar version (also gave up, thanks Bert for suggestions
there), I am testing Etoys in Sugar 0.84 installed on a stick right on the
OLPC XO.

Over all Etoys on 0.84 look good, but I will have to do more testing this
weekend, so far I see:

Sugar Interaction Problems
====================

	- If there are any Etoys activities in the Journal, the last actvity is
picked up when I start Etoys from the menu Circle. This way, I can never see
Etoys initial screen. I think this is what Bert mentioned. It is really
annoying behavior, I assume it changed because of some changes in the Sugar
container.  This is really the only item I would (personally) consider a bad
bug / behaviour. Can anyone make a rough comment what would need to be done to
change this?

	- Etoys do not have Ctrl-Q / Ctrl-S for Quit / Save on the top right
Controls.

	- In shared mode, on the "network screen", Etoys is listed as "Gallery" (very
minor)

	- when not connected to the network, and switching to shared mode, a DBus
Error Debug Screen appears.

	- There is no sound - but I think there is be no sound on the OLPC running
0.84 from the stick

Etoys Problems (very little Etoys specific testing so far):

	- sound does not work(Sugar/OLPC Hardware at fault?)

	- video does not work(?Sugar/Hardware at fault?)

Over the weekend once I get more testing I will forward to squeakland as well,

Milan