[Etoys] adhere to edge...

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Thu Oct 23 23:30:24 EDT 2008

On Oct 23, 2008, at 1:26 AM, antonio wrote:

> Is not possible to get the control after neither with Alt +.  !?

As long as a runaway script keeps "ticking", a debugger brought up by
alt-dot can never retain control long enough to be operated, because
there's always another menu getting put up by the ticking script,
which seizes control of the UI.  So the user is stuck.

To address this kind of problem, Alt-dot really *should* stop all the
ticking scripts in the project -- not only as a remedy for
pathological situations like the one we've been discussing, for which
there's presently no graceful escape, but also, generally, as a quick
way to suspend any running simulation, i.e., the equivalent of
pressing the red "Stop" button in the "all scripts" tool.

I've opened a TRAC ticket for this:

https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/8879

... and I've posted a potential fix there which implements the above
suggestion, for comment.

Cheers,

   -- Scott