[Etoys] Fully Relicensed version of mainstream Squeak

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Wed Oct 22 20:24:58 EDT 2008

  Hello,

  First of all, thank you for all the people who spend great deal of
time on fixing our server.  I've been watching the IRC log
(http://tunes.org/~nef/logs/squeak/) and was admiring the work!

  As mentioned in the leadership discussion minutes from Craig, the
plan now is as follows:

  - Make Squeak version 4.0.  This is based on the 3.11 effort but
    get rid of or rewrite code that are not relicensed and make a
    fully relicensed version relatively conservatively.  Etoys 4.0 is
    now fully relicensed, and we can bring the removal and rewrite
    changesets from that stream.

  - Craig continue to work on the Spoon based system.  It is dubbed
    Squeak 5.0.  (My personal opinion is that because it is fairly
    different, it could have a different name, but...)

BTW, during the Etoys' relicensing effort, I made a little web app
that lets you view *all history* from Squeak V1 to the latest version:

http://tinlizzie.org:8080/seaside/examples/authorship2

I can make a similar page for 3.10 or such, and also give a tool to
check the unlicened code in a particular code base.

  Ken and Mathew, how does it sound?