[Etoys] Variables holding onto instance copies

Karl Ramberg karlramberg at gmail.com
Mon May 26 12:56:36 EDT 2008

I made a project that placed a copy of a sketch in a random spot in a
playfield.
I noticed the project size would keep on growing between saves and did
not understand why.
Attached is a simplified version that demonstrates the behavior.
Click 'summary of scripts'
Run skript1 for a while and then script3.
Click 'summary of scripts' again and notice the instances keep piling up.

I found out after a while that if I used a variable defined for the
playfield instead of a variable defined for the star ,
the instances would be trashed more frequently, or at least cleaned up
at project save.

Karl