[Etoys] [Fwd: etoy translation next steps]

Gerhard Steiner gd.steiner at gmx.at
Tue Mar 25 11:25:50 EDT 2008

Korakurider schrieb:
> On 3/25/08, Gerhard Steiner <gd.steiner at gmx.at> wrote:
>

>> The commit from pootle to git doesn't work.
>>
>    If you are language admin of German on Pootle and the functionality
> doesn't work for you, you could fill ticket for that, or ask for help
> in localization list.

Done, in Progress, so there will be a solution for the "normal" etoys image.

But at the moment I can't find a working way to get the translations
from etoys.po on pootle into the actual developer image etoys-dev.image
to check the latest change sets. That would also be a good place for
testing actual changes and providing the new translation to a wider
tester community.
>> Please also merge the change sets from Korakurider which will hopefully
>> fix many of the missing translations strings.
>>
>> http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6704
>>
>     work still in progress...

Wonderful, I just can't wait... :-)

>> The german translation raised also some questions, which needs discussion
>>
>> 1. We need a solution for strings which have to be translated in
>> different ways (context-dependent translation).
>>    "copy" -> "kopieren"
>>    "copy" -> "Kopie"
>>
>> Attached please find a list with ambiguous strings in the actual
>> etoys.po on Pootle.
>>
>     Please fill ticket for this.

Done, that will need some discussions about details for the best trade
off. It's a starting point to see what are the problematic strings.

>> 2. Splitting the etoys.po on Pootle into 2-3 pieces would make the life
>> easier for translators, especially those who start with the translation.
>> This would also reduce the strings with translation conflicts.
>>
>      I filled http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6755 for this.

Thanks