[Etoys] Project Navigation

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 01:57:03 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Yoshiki Ohshima <yoshiki at vpri.org> wrote:
> At Tue, 22 Jul 2008 09:20:03 +0100,
> Derek O'Connell wrote:
>>
>> From the point of view of an end-user and using a fresh install
>> (etoys-image-and-pr-080708): Opening to the default project and
>> clicking "previous project" takes the user to the "Unnamed1" project
>> (actually the root project). How then do they get back to the default
>> project? Seems impossible without advanced knowledge but am I missing
>> something obvious?
Derek,
  The distribution is configured for Sugar platform that has only one
button for project navigation.
 The same image can be configured as appropriate for use on other
platforms (i.e. Squeakland Etoys, aka: Squeakland OLPC) that have
prev/next buttons for navigating projects.   I don't know how to
configure it, Yoshiki could explain...
It will be released in near future, while right now older version is
still available
(http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/etoys/2008-May/002307.html).

>  If you're running Etoys on Sugar, the previous project button is
> smart enough not to go beyond the default project.  It could be
> the same on the other platforms.

  Yoshiki,
      I can reproduce this by just opening the latest bit downloaded
today on Windows box.  You could check it.

Cheers,
/Korakurider