[Etoys] Project Navigation

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Thu Jul 24 02:42:08 EDT 2008

At Thu, 24 Jul 2008 14:57:03 +0900,
Korakurider wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Yoshiki Ohshima <yoshiki at vpri.org> wrote:
> > At Tue, 22 Jul 2008 09:20:03 +0100,
> > Derek O'Connell wrote:
> >>
> >> From the point of view of an end-user and using a fresh install
> >> (etoys-image-and-pr-080708): Opening to the default project and
> >> clicking "previous project" takes the user to the "Unnamed1" project
> >> (actually the root project). How then do they get back to the default
> >> project? Seems impossible without advanced knowledge but am I missing
> >> something obvious?
> Derek,
>   The distribution is configured for Sugar platform that has only one
> button for project navigation.
>  The same image can be configured as appropriate for use on other
> platforms (i.e. Squeakland Etoys, aka: Squeakland OLPC) that have
> prev/next buttons for navigating projects.   I don't know how to
> configure it, Yoshiki could explain...

  All I do is to evaluate

ReleaseBuilderSqueakland new prepareReleaseImageForSqueakland

and

ReleaseBuilderSqueakland new buildInitialScreenForSqueakland

in a fully-updated image located in the SVN repository.  The screen
size is more or less manually set.

> It will be released in near future, while right now older version is
> still available
> (http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/etoys/2008-May/002307.html).

  Sorry for the delay.  We are getting there.

> >  If you're running Etoys on Sugar, the previous project button is
> > smart enough not to go beyond the default project.  It could be
> > the same on the other platforms.
>
>   Yoshiki,
>       I can reproduce this by just opening the latest bit downloaded
> today on Windows box.  You could check it.

  Sure.  As I wrote, it behaves differently on whether it is running
on Sugar or not.  "it could be" means "it isn't", but probabably it
should be "it is".