[Etoys] portuguese in pootle

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 06:43:55 EST 2008

Hi, All.

Reading Paulo's mail, I was thinking of ask Takashi or localization
team to copy current translation for PT to PT-BR (as I don't have
write access to git).
After shortly someone uploaded half-popluated translations for PT-BR
to Pootle without announce.  But unfortunately the PO was derived from
old POT and  have many  difference (many of them are results of
changes to POT extractor of Etoys though).  And translations itself
seems older as long as timestamp is correct.

You could review POT-Creation-Date and PO-Revision-Date in header of POs.

PT:
   "Project-Id-Version: eToys\n"
   "Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: \n"
   "POT-Creation-Date: 2007-11-16 10:19-0000\n"
   "PO-Revision-Date: 2008-01-14 04:19+0000\n"
   "Last-Translator: Paulo Drummond <ptdrumm at terra.com.br>\n"
   "Language-Team: \n"

PT-BR
    "Project-Id-Version: eToys\n"
    "Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: \n"
    "POT-Creation-Date: 2007-10-31 23:57-0000\n"
    "PO-Revision-Date: 2007-10-15 09:27+0000\n"
    "Last-Translator: \n"
    "Language-Team: \n"

We need to consolidate them and synchronize it to the latest POT and
make header up-to-date.  Could you please disucss and tell us which
one (current PT or uploaded T-BR) is good for base of later PT-BR
effort (or how to merge them etc)?

And I think we want to work in more coordinated way...
At least please sign up at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Pootle#Sign-up if
you haven't yet.

Thank you !
/Korakurider