[Etoys] [Etoys-notify] #8163 HIGH 8.2.0 (: Mongolian is not rendered correctly

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 23:24:03 EDT 2008

On 8/28/08, Yoshiki Ohshima <yoshiki at vpri.org> wrote:
> > >  That is a type.  Sorry.
>
>  And above was a typo, too.
   :-)

> >    For language name why not use '<language display name>'.
> >   (see http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/8150#comment:1)
>
>  That might have been better to use the result from past.  But I
> didn't want to add #translatedNoop etc (which I didn't have to).
   Well, my point is that without #translatedNoop you could generate
POT with your changes to GetTextExporter2 but with traditional magic
name.  does it make sense?
   But as you suggested in below, we should drop the translation by MO.

>  As you wrote, we just can't load all of these mo files to construct
> the language menu however, and for language names like Japanese. we
> should better use the bitmaps in general.  So, there should be another
> round of fixing needed.
  Yes, though it would be big deal to build the bitmaps...
  Small tweak trying to avoid loading MO  has been implemented
(#translateWithoutLoading:toLocaleID:) but this doesn't scale very
well if we have many MOs...

/Korakurider