[Etoys] on DrGeoII loading

Ties Stuij cjstuij at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 07:56:31 EDT 2008

He Hilaire,

First off, congrats with your ESUG prize.

Secondly, I tried loading DrGeoII on the XO and experienced the 2.15 min.

Now I know this sounds obvious, but have you concidered just taking the
pragmatic route: packing an image in the XO bundle? Loading a pre-geo-ed
image takes about 13 secs on my XO. This will of course bloat it up by more
than a couple of mb's, but if schools would actually integrate your app on
an XO or comparable machine in the classroom, I'd say the 20-odd extra mb's
are more than offset by not having to go through those annoyingly long

/Ties