[Etoys] etoys graphical artifacts in joyride-2303

Ties Stuij cjstuij at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 08:17:55 EDT 2008

He list,

We discovered some weird behaviour when running the latest etoys on
the latest joyride (2303), prolly related to
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7830, so we filed it there.

When running the cursor over for example the top icon bar, or when
moving a tile, squares on the screen that just have been changed will
not be updated. See the ticket page for two Etoys screenies. This is
prolly an X.org bug btw. A workaround might be (the bug might not get
fixed any time soon; a related ticket has not been fixed in half a
year, and we don't want to disable hardware acceleration just for
etoys I can imagine) to not pass -xshm to the -vm-display-x11 option
when firing up squeak, which restores etoys behaviour to normal (just
concerning this bug of course ;oP).

Note that this doesn't happen on our 703 build.

/Ties