[Etoys] Squeak and EToys packages for Fedora and OLPC

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat Aug 16 20:52:40 EDT 2008

Hi Gavin,

> (If this message is inappropriate for this list - I apologies, and
> please let me know this.)

It's not inappropriate, but most list members have no experience with
packaging software for a Linux distribution, or even know about how
software is normally maintained in the open-source community, what
separates an author from a maintainer etc. Do you have a pointer to a
short introduction into this? Until now, we (the authors) did all the
end-user releases for various platforms on our own, so this is new
land for most of us.

Thank you for taking this on!

- Bert -