[Etoys] First version of BotsInc for ODLP and feedback requested.

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Sun Sep 23 02:55:25 EDT 2007

On 22 sept. 07, at 16:53, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On Sep 20, 2007, at 15:39 , stephane ducasse wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> in between painting and renovating my new house I'm working on the
>> botsinc environment for the ODLP.
>> I got a project working. I removed all the behavior related to
>> file and other aspects.
>> Can someone have a look at tell me what I should improve?
>
> I started the project from a USB stick, that worked fine. Took
> about 45 seconds to load on a B4.

Oops

> The major problem is that after saving to the journal, it cannot be
> loaded again because the classes are missing.

Strange, do you mean that I forgot to add to the changeset some
classes. This is strange since I just attached the cs to one
(may be the class missing is a squeak class.)

> Apparently they were not saved in the project again. If you find
> the time it would be helpful to install an XO emulator so you can
> test under Sugar yourself.

Sure I would love to. Where can I find Sugar? and XO emulator?
Thanks for your kindness. I have nearly finish to renovate one room
and we are all sleeping in a large one.

> The default pen width is only one pixel which is too thin for the
> XO display. Also, some fonts are too small, that may be fixed when
> we change the default fonts as in
>
> 	https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/3546

Ok I will fix that.

>> What is the process to get a project included in the project list?
>
> There is no formal process yet.
>
>> Are there guidelines about what I should pay attention to?
>
> Well it needs to work under Sugar and on the XO, and hopefully
> should be self-documenting. Adding some introduction in a help flap
> would be good I think. And we need to think about translating.

Ok I will try to find my way.