[Etoys] First version of BotsInc for ODLP and feedback requested.

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat Sep 22 10:53:26 EDT 2007

On Sep 20, 2007, at 15:39 , stephane ducasse wrote:

> Hi
>
> in between painting and renovating my new house I'm working on the
> botsinc environment for the ODLP.
> I got a project working. I removed all the behavior related to file
> and other aspects.
> Can someone have a look at tell me what I should improve?

I started the project from a USB stick, that worked fine. Took about
45 seconds to load on a B4.

The major problem is that after saving to the journal, it cannot be
loaded again because the classes are missing. Apparently they were
not saved in the project again. If you find the time it would be
helpful to install an XO emulator so you can test under Sugar yourself.

The default pen width is only one pixel which is too thin for the XO
display. Also, some fonts are too small, that may be fixed when we
change the default fonts as in

	https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/3546

> What is the process to get a project included in the project list?

There is no formal process yet.

> Are there guidelines about what I should pay attention to?

Well it needs to work under Sugar and on the XO, and hopefully should
be self-documenting. Adding some introduction in a help flap would be
good I think. And we need to think about translating.