[Etoys] #3276 BLOC Trial-3: Spanish translation for Etoys

Xavier Alvarez xavi.alvarez at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 09:01:11 EDT 2007

Only GUI literals? Funny, because the EToys PO [1] includes things
like:

#: KedamaTurtleMorph>>additionsToViewerCategories
msgid "forward:"

#: KedamaTurtleMorph>>additionsToViewerCategories
msgid "colorToPatch:"

#: KedamaMorph>>additionsToViewerCategories
msgid "getPixelsPerPatch"

#: KedamaPatchMorph>>additionsToViewerCategories
msgid "getDisplayShiftAmount"

which definitely look like selectors to me :)

Guess then it'll just be a matter of validating the text not to
have duplicate translations... although what I really feel
'uncomfortable' with is that the 'translated protocols' (if you
dare call them such) will have a very un-natural birth, as they
haven't evolved and settled into accepted terms and good naming
conventions that only time and use gives... that and the fact
that spanish has different grammar and regional variations... oh
well, we'll just have to try our best :)

Cheers,
Xavier

[1]
http://translate.fedoraproject.org/POT/olpc-etoys.master/EToys.master.es.po