[Etoys] Devanagari text in Etoys

Luke Gorrie luke at member.fsf.org
Fri Oct 12 02:11:51 EDT 2007

Hi!

I'm trying to figure out how to import Nepali text in the devanagari
alphabet into Squeak. I've installed some devangari fonts into Squeak
(unicode and non-unicode) and tried:

- Copy&Paste of devanagari text via OSX clipboard into a Workspace: I
get question-marks.
- Typing into a Workspace with OSX keyboard input configured for
devanagari: I get blanks instead of letters.
- Selecting a non-unicode devanagari font and typing normally: I get
devanagari lettering but I don't know what mapping is being used (it's
not like the romanised devanagari used by OSX)

Any tips?

Even something quick-and-dirty would be appreciated as this is for an
impending demo :-)