[Etoys] Guidelines for translation

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Wed Nov 21 10:28:48 EST 2007

  Hello,

  While back in May and June, Christos (who wrote an email below on
different topic) and friends are working on Greek support.

http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/etoys/2007-June/000620.html

  The VM wasn't quite ready and he was working on it, but we got
around to try a version that might (or might not) work for a saner way
to input Greek.  The external translation mechanism wasn't there back
then but now we basically have it.

  The image has support for Greek and we have a separated "font file"
for Greek but it is in pixel fonts and doesn't look remotely nice on
XO.  Chris tried to import some fonts but reported the image became
too big.  I didn't look at it closely around that time.  I think he
used Bert's fix to load these fonts.

  Yes, the situation is better now than back then and it would be nice
to give it a shot one more time.  You might want to contact Chris to
coordinate translation effort.

-- Yoshiki