[Etoys] Camera support

Diego Gomez Deck DiegoGomezDeck at consultar.com
Thu Mar 29 05:59:49 EDT 2007

Hi Takashi,

> Is there any way to improve the performance, e.g. change the frame
> size? If I just want to use the camera as a luminous sensor, I don't
> need 320 x 240 size, but I prefer low resolution and high performance.

It depends on the driver/webcam capabilities.

The cafe's drivers informs:

	MinExtent: 48 at 32
	MaxExtent: 640 at 480

(See the stdout/stderr messages produces by V4LPlugin)

BTW, I don't think we'll get more than 30fps as it's an "standard" rate
for cheap video devices.

> I tried to change the size as 160 x 120 in "configuration video device
> panel", but the screen became brown and "no connected video device id: 0".

I'll take a look.

> Cheers,
> - Takashi

Thank you for the feedback.