[Etoys] Translation eToys image

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Mar 9 17:20:17 EST 2007

On Mar 9, 2007, at 22:55 , Juliano Bittencourt wrote:

>     Hi,
>
>     My name is Juliano Bittencourt and I'm participating of the
> Brazilian early tests of the XO laptop. We will implement these
> tests with 400 laptops on a small school in Porto Alegre (South of
> Brazil). All children and teachers in the school will have their
> own laptop. In our ideas, Squeak will have an key part in our
> pedagogical praxis. But we are facing some small problems in the
> first classes we are doing with children. The main problem is that
> the eToys image is in english. So I want some orientation of how to
> translate the etoys image and how to make this work available for
> others in the project?

In the "Navigator" flap click the bluish globe icon to change the
language.

That will translate most of the UI (we do not yet have translations
for the newest features that were recently added). The example
projects are english only for now, but it would be great if you could
send translated projects back to us.

Also, the Language Editor can be used to translate missing phrases.
It is included in the image already - press Alt-Shift-W to open the
World menu and select "Open..." - "Language Editor for ...".