[Etoys] Camera does not work on B4/515

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Jul 18 16:37:43 EDT 2007

Yoshiki mentioned the camera worked in 505. I tried with the older VM
package, but still no go.

But I have an idea of the problem:

We renamed Video to Camera in the object catalog. Thus the Multimedia
category page gets rebuilt each time now. This somehow opens a
connection to the camera (you can see the camera LED going on when
opening the page - this should *not* happen). When you drag out the
camera object, it fails to connect to the camera because it is
already connected. Does that sound plausible?

If that is indeed the problem then the short term fix would be
issuing an update that rebuilds the multimedia page. Longer term we
need to bullet-proof repeated opening of the camera device. Also I
think we do not actually release the camera when we are deactivated
from Sugar.

- Bert -