[Etoys] Camera does not work on B4/515

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Wed Jul 18 12:36:40 EDT 2007

There are directions in the wiki on how to recover batteries; B1 systems
were particularly bad and could not recover a fully run down battery.
Most, but not all batteries can be recovered on B2 systems.

See: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Battery_Charging

Do you have a B1 or B2? (white lettering on the keyboard, or black
lettering on the keyboard)?

Our installation process rewrites the flash entirely; you can use ssh to
copy any changes off first, and put them back.  Chris Ball will soon
announce a USB key that can automatically upgrade a system in place (by
copying a user's files to the key and back after the upgrade), but time
is short for Trial-2, so please don't wait to upgrade your system.
                               - Jim

On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 18:00 +0200, Diego Gomez Deck wrote:
> Jim,
>
> The problem is the battery don't charge.  I can use the OLPC plugged to
> the external charger. The point is I'm not sure to update the machine as
> I have some short diary power-cuts.
>
> -- Diego
>

> El mié, 18-07-2007 a las 07:30 -0400, Jim Gettys escribió:
> > Diego,
> >
> > When you say its stopped working, could you please describe your
> > problem?
> >                                   - Jim
> >

> > On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 13:13 +0200, Diego Gomez Deck wrote:
> > > Hi Bert,
> > >
> > > My OLPC stop working and I can't reproduce the error.
> > >
> > > Is any OLPC available? The mine is a "old" B2 prototype.
> > >
> > > BTW, The last time I tried it worked fined.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > -- Diego

Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child