[Etoys] New version: Etoys 2.3

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Sun Dec 2 01:26:13 EST 2007

  Hello,

  There was a deadline called ship.2 to stabilize a software verstion
that will be factory-installed.  We were also stabilizing and fixing a
few annoying bugs for the deadline.

  It seems that the version is finalized (there might be very last
minute changes on the OLPC side), but as far as Etoys is concerned, we
sucessfully delivered a good version for it.

  We have parallel development going and push a few updates to a
future stream.  But now the version we were using (etoy 2.2) can be
migrated to the new version 2.3.

  To bring your 2.2 image to 2.3, simply update your image twice.  Or,
  download pre-loaded images and changes from:

http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/etoys-dev-2.3-1815.zip

or the same thing from:

http://etoys.laptop.org/svn/trunk/etoys/etoys-dev.image
http://etoys.laptop.org/svn/trunk/etoys/etoys-dev.changes

The latter two will tend to be updated more frequently, so depending
on the usage, you might want to keep eyes on the

http://etoys.laptop.org/svn/trunk/etoys/

folder.

  Thank you!