[Etoys] problems with event recorder and event theater

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Thu Apr 19 15:17:59 EDT 2007

Thanks, Phil,

Yes, the "file dialogs" are problematical for the Event Theatre,
which transforms coordinates for playback so that they bear the same
positions relative to the top-left corner of the playback theatre as
they had borne to the top-left corner of the originating recording
theatre; this works well for almost everything, but for the "standard-
file dialogs" it falls apart because such dialogs are positioned
relative to the screen-center rather than relative to the theatre-
location.  So mouse clicks made within a file-dialog upon recording
will tend to play back as clicks somewhere else on the screen, with
potentially bizarre consequences.

This is potentially a hard problem.  Until it gets resolved, I think
it's probably best not to include any use of the file-dialogs in your
event recordings.

Thank you for alerting us to this issue!  Sorry not to have an
immediate solution up our sleeves.

Cheers,

   -- Scott

Begin forwarded message: