[Etoys] A few notes on eToys interface - playing with latest eToys in olpc

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Wed Apr 11 11:26:41 EDT 2007

  Diego,

> Almost all of the features you're talking about are already implemented
> (and working for years) in the Small-Land image.

  Yes, I was totally aware that (as Offray pointed out couples of
times on this list), and when I was writing "something more playful",
I was thinking about that.  I should have mentioned that in previous
emails.  My apology.

> In beginner mode, the dockbars can't be removed nor moved nor sized.
> But in non-beginner mode, the standard halos are available to handle the
> dock-bars.
>
> More to say: This Small-Land changes are already included in 3.9.  I
> propose to use/expand THIS work instead of create another
> implementation.

  The Sugar-like bar is about "killing" most of features that Doc and
even Morphs offers so subclassing from DockingBar wouldn't be so much
of advantage.  But sure, I'm certain that we'll be copying from and
looking at the implementation of DocingBar...

  Thank you for pointing it out!