[Etoys] A few notes on eToys interface - playing with latest eToys in olpc
yoshiki at squeakland.org
Tue Apr 17 16:56:24 EDT 2007
I published another changeset for the "Sugar-like Nav bar" that is
some incremental improvement over the previous version. It still have
bugs, but it would be a good timing for it to publish.
Now, you can:
* Get the halo on the bar.
* From the flap menu in the world menu, you can show and hide it.
* From the white halo menu handle, you can change the edge to cling to
#top or #bottom.
* From the whilte halo menu handle, you can choose "use default
green look" to change the default colors to green and dark green.
* The Undo button changes its look when you cannot undo.
* There is a proper margin on the left.
One thing that doesn't work is, when you publish a project, the bar
doesn't come back.
Milan and Alan suggested to me slightly different but similar ideas.
The back (and forward) should show more information. A list of
projects as you would see in typical web browsers and/or thumbnail of
the projects. One interesting thing is that previous and next buttons
with thumbnails is very similar to the thread navigation morph. It
would be nice if the "Bar" can have another mode that behaves like a
I'll make some more small incremental changes, and make it really
More information about the Etoys