[Etoys] A few notes on eToys interface - playing with latest eToys in olpc

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Apr 11 03:47:32 EDT 2007

Hi Diego -

As nice as it sounds I don't think switching to 3.9 is a real option at
this point. There is quite a bit of heritage to the OLPC line of images
that would need to be recreated in 3.9 and it would be quite a gamble to
switch the basis for OLPC at this point (remember: summer is supposed to
be the drop-dead date for the first several million OLPC units).

One thing that would be helpful though is if you could point out where
the relevant portions of this work in 3.9 are - porting it to OLPC
sounds a lot more viable than porting OLPC to 3.9 ;-)

Cheers,
   - Andreas