[Etoys] dbus bindings

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Sep 29 16:05:45 EDT 2006

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> Right now we're still using Python's dbus bindings, forwarding messages
> via a pipe into Squeak. This was the simplest to get working.

And also by far the safest bet since the Python bindings will be updated
for sure so we only have to care about the part that we want to care
about (how to get the messages from/to the image). Generally, my feeling
is that for our needs (make eToys run robustly) this is all we should be
doing - I don't see the need to write our own bindings if all we need is
to exchanges a few messages back and forth.

Cheers,
   - Andreas