[Etoys] dbus bindings

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Sep 29 16:00:25 EDT 2006

Am 29.09.2006 um 20:43 schrieb Markus Gaelli:

> There is a dbus squeak implementation done by Daniel Faken:
> http://www.visoracle.com/squeakfaq/dbus-inter.html
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2005-May/002673.html

This is based on FFI, so no real option for us. Also, it requires a
patch to libdbus.

Right now we're still using Python's dbus bindings, forwarding
messages via a pipe into Squeak. This was the simplest to get working.

> And: Anyone up for trying the dbus implementation of Daniel in Sugar?

We need a different binding anyway, either by interfacing to libdbus
or by implementing the dbus wire-protocol.