[Etoys] Rebecca Allen's example intro to XO made into an Etoy JPEG movie

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Thu Oct 12 11:19:09 EDT 2006

  Alan,

> I wonder if the Flash file base for the images, etc.,  might be a big
> problem here also?

  It could be but I'd imagine it is not significant.  I'll measure the
raw data throughput on the board later.  They say the read through put
on the A-board is something like 2.5MB/sec.  Assuming this ideal
bandwidth achieved, the JMV file is about 1.5MB, so half a second is
spent on reading over 20 seconds or so play time.

  With their CaFe chip on later revision of boards, the bandwidth is
supposed to be 10 times faster.

> It's striking how fast this runs on my (not so fast) Panasonic laptop.

  Yeah, it is about one order of magnitude range with my Panasonic
laptop.