[Etoys] Impressions on B1 Machine

Karl karl.ramberg at chello.se
Sat Dec 9 15:35:04 EST 2006

Alan Kay wrote:
> What are the important positive properties of the Scratch paint tool?
> What parts are UI and what parts are functional improvements?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alan

I find the non degrading zooming part good, because it allows details to
be drawn much more precisely.
I know eToy paint tool have had scaling but I have found it hard to use
and that it scaled the drawing so it was pretty much useless for detail
work. Scratch paint tool have gradient fills and some other enhancements
as well.
But much of it is UI related and I think the Scratch UI is easier to
extend when one has the urge to add some new features.
The current etoys paint UI, while pretty good, is very hard to add
features to.
Karl