low battery shutdown

Mike Dee mikedee4 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 09:34:38 EST 2016

There is also this Guide for people on that site.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Troubleshooting_Guide

This is a troubleshooting guide for the XO laptop
<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Hardware#XO_Laptop>. While this is intended for
use in a repair center, most of the procedures can be followed by users to
repair <http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Repair> their laptops.
Powering on

If you are having problems getting the XO to power on, see Troubleshooting
Power On <http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Troubleshooting_PowerOn>. The Startup
Diagnosis <http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Startup_Diagnosis> page also describes
how end users (not repair centers) can debug power-on or boot problems.
Display

If you are having problems with the display on an XO laptop, see the Display
diagnostics section <http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Troubleshooting_Display>.
Power and Battery

If you are having problems such as:

   - the battery is not charging
   - the battery is suddenly losing charge
   - the laptop won't run from a power adapter

Then you should view:

   - XO Troubleshooting Battery
   <http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Troubleshooting_Battery>, if you believe
   the problem is contained within the battery itself, or
   - XO Troubleshooting Power
   <http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Troubleshooting_Power>, if you believe the
   problem is contained within the laptop (e.g. charging circuitry, power
   input circuitry), or
   - Both of the above, if you are unsure where the problem is localised.

Network

If your laptop is having trouble connecting to other laptops or the
Internet, see the Network diagnostics section
<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Troubleshooting_Network>.
Audio and Camera

If you are having problems with the audio (microphone, speakers,
headphones, or microphone input) or camera on an XO laptop
<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Hardware#XO_Laptop>, see the AV diagnostics
section <http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Troubleshooting_AV>.
Keyboard and Touchpad

If you are having problems with the keyboard or touchpad on an XO laptop,
see the Keyboard diagnostics section
<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Troubleshooting_Keyboard>.
Touchscreen

See the Touchscreen section
<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Troubleshooting_Touchscreen>.
USB

If you are having problems with the USB interfaces on an XO laptop, see the USB
diagnostics section <http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Troubleshooting_USB>.