low battery shutdown

Mike Dee mikedee4 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 10:00:36 EST 2016

HOWDY MIKE-D. HERE,(IGNORE ALL CAPS-I'M NOT YELLING, BUT TRY TO ANSWER MORE
DIRECTLY.)

On Feb 22, 2016 6:13 AM, <peter at easthope.ca> wrote:

> When my XO 1.5 shows about 33% charge, the system shuts
> down with no warning. I ONLY HAVE XO-1'S, BUT THAT USUALLY MEANS
> THEY(BATTERY AND.OR XO) ARE NOT WORKING QUITE RIGHT, AND THE BATTERY MAY
> NEED TO HAVE SOME UTILITIES LIKE "BATMAN", USED ON IT, AFTER THE BASICS ARE
> CHECKED.(TALKS ABOUT "BATMAN", IN THE GUIDE LINKS, I SENT.) This is normal
> behaviour? NO. I'd
> expect the system to allow the battery to reach a lower
> charge and ultimately warn the user that shutdown will
> be necessary after a predicted lapse. I THINK SOME OF THIS DEPENDS ON
> WHICH OS, AND FIRMWARE- YOU ARE USING FOR YOUR XO-1.5. OVER THE YEARS, THIS
> HAS BEEN IMPROVED. I THINK I MAY GET A % PERCENTAGE, AND MAYBE EVEN A TIME
> REMAINING COUNTDOWN.
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Battery_and_power should include
> something about system response to battery charge level. THIS LINK:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Battery_and_power . DOES START OUT WITH :

> Battery and power
>

> *This page needs clean-up and editing for coherence, clarity, and
> completeness.*
>
> Please improve this article
> <http://wiki.laptop.org/index.php?title=Battery_and_power&action=edit> if
> you can.

SO, I THINK YOUR INPUT IS VALID, MAYBE YOU CAN HELP IMPROVE THIS ARTICLE.
LIKE WHEN I WENT HERE TO THIS PAGE YEARS AGO, I WAS BUMMED, THAT I MIGHT
HAVE TO BUY A NEW BATTERY, BUT WAS HAPPY THEY DID NOT SEEM TO COST VARY
MUCH, AND THERE WAS PLACES YOU COULD GET THEM FROM. I HAVE NOT HAD TO BUY
ANY BATTERIES, BECAUSE, I WAS ABLE TO FOLLOW THE TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDES AND
FIX MY XO-1'S MYSELF.

> Is my system misbehaving? THIS IS PRETTY GENERAL, BUT I GET THE POINT. Are
> people installing an additional
> package to have a low battery warning? I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THIS, IF THERE
> IS IS ADDITIONAL PACKAGES FOR THIS, THERE PROBABLY IS.
>
> Thanks,                   ... Peter E.

AND DEVELOPERS, SORRY IF THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT PLACE, STYLE, AND/OR WAY TO
RESPOND TO A QUESTION ON HERE. I AM NOT REALLY A DEVELOPER YET, BUT HOPE TO
BE SOMEDAY.
THANKS,
HOPE THAT HELPS PETER E.
MIKE-D. OUT