Fwd: Re: [support-gang] intermittent keyboard mismapping: 13.2.5 on XO-1 SKU39

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Tue Aug 4 20:29:28 EDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "James Cameron" <james at tooraweenah.com>
Date: Aug 4, 2015 7:39 PM
Subject: Re: [support-gang] intermittent keyboard mismapping: 13.2.5 on
XO-1 SKU39
To: "Gonzalo Odiard" <gonzalo at sugarlabs.org>
Cc: "Community Support Volunteers -- who help respond to help AT laptop.org"
<support-gang at lists.laptop.org>, "Danny Hembree" <
danny-hembree at dynamical.org>, "gluna at goodshepherdshelter.org" <
gluna at goodshepherdshelter.org>, "Devel's in the Details" <devel at laptop.org>

G'day Gonzalo,

Thanks for the reminder.  Yes, it matches somewhat with #11223 and
#11468, especially the mapping of the keys that Adam observes.

https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/11223
https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/11468

No fix is possible at the moment, but changing procedure works fine.

p.s. my posts are not getting through to devel@ or support-gang@ due
to the DNS damage affecting laptop.org.

On Tue, Aug 04, 2015 at 03:17:02PM -0300, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> I don't think the error reported by Alan is related with the last (or
latest)
> builds at all.
> This is related to a very old bug, I was looking but couldn't find the
ticket.

> Gonzalo
>
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 1:07 PM, Caryl Bigenho <[1]cbigenho at hotmail.com>
wrote:

>     Hi…
>
>     So…  the XO-1s at the project we have at a school at a women's
shelter in
>     central Los Angeles will be updated in the next couple of weeks,
getting
>     ready for September school start. What would be the safest build for
them
>     to use? I won't be there to help, but it is in good hands with one of
our
>     SoCal volunteers. I just want to make it easy for everything to go
>     smoothly.
>
>     Thanks,
>     Carul

 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/13.2.5#XO-1_with_SD_card

>         Running the "bye" command at the Ok prompt seems to trigger the
problem
>         almost every time (possibly every time?).  But that is not the
only
>         thing that triggers the problem.  Sometimes the XO just boots with
>         unusable keyboard, repeatedly.  Then when I try to hit ESC on
boot 20
>         times in a row, I cannot reproduce the problem at other times.
Problem

http://unleashkids.org !

> [1] mailto:cbigenho at hotmail.com
> [2] mailto:holt at laptop.org