[Announcement] Sugarizer v0.6 is available for your device
lionel at olpc-france.org
Mon Apr 13 10:09:23 EDT 2015
I'm proud to announce the sixth version (0.6) of Sugarizer, a taste of
Sugar for any device.
Main features in this new version:
- Neighborhood view and presence : Sugarizer now include the
neighborhood view to allow users to see other users connected on the same
server and share activities with them. Only one activity currently use this
feature: Chat Prototype from Suraj. Launch the activity, share it, then
your friend could join the chat whatever device they use. Note that the
Sugarizer presence API need a Sugarizer server (remote or local). A default
service is available on server.sugarizer.org
- New TamTam Micro activity: Let children (re)discover the joy to play
with the TamTam activity and hear more than 70 different sounds.
- iOS support: Yes, Sugarizer is now available too on this devil but so
popular platform. Launch the Apple Store, look for Sugarizer , download
it and "voilà" Sugarizer is now ready to run on your iPad or your iPhone.
- Chrome App support: Are you a fan of Chrome OS or are you just a
Chrome user that don't want to waste time into complex install procedure ?
That's right. With Sugarizer as Chrome App, Sugarizer is now one click far
from your Chrome environment. Just go to the Chrome Web Store , download
it and Sugarizer is ready to start with full features without impact on
your work environment. And of course, it works on any platform where Chrome
- F-Droid support: F-Droid is the repository of Open Source applications
for Android. No compromise: only open source applications - compiled from
source - are allowed inside. Sugarizer had to be there.
- Device integration: Sugarizer on any device don't mean bad integration
with hosting device. In Sugarizer 0.6, Puneet show you in the Cordova
activity (pick in from the List view) a Sugar Web developer could handle
device features (accelerometer, camera, network, …) in its activity.
Of course for your Android and Firefox OS devices, Sugarizer 0.6 is
available too on all others app stores: Google Play, Amazon Store and
Firefox Market Place. And if you don't like stores, you could also install
it by yourself using instructions on the Sugarizer website.
Other features of Sugarizer 0.6:
- Icon activity color in Journal and Home view now vary depending of
last user color
- An initialization screen let you set preference at startup
- Sugarizer automatically detect language at first launch
- server.sugarizer.org is now the default server
- Igbo and Yoruba localization
- Arabic localization (*)
- Japanese localization (*)
Stop talking about Sugar future, let's write it with us ! All contributors
P.S.: Special thanks for their contribution on this version to: Puneet Kaur
(Cordova activity), Martin Abente Lahaye (Spanish Localization), Bert
Freudenberg (Deutsch localization), Samson Goddy (Igbo and Yoruba
localization), Naji Boumzough, Varlyproject (Arabic localization), Naofum
(*) Due to late integration and store validation delay, these translations
could not be available imediatly for all platforms
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Devel