adding codecs to 13.2.3 on XO-1.75

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Apr 13 00:37:55 EDT 2015

It isn't normal.

I've tried it just now, on a fresh install of 13.2.3 on XO-1.75, and
there are no such messages.

The Wiki page is fine.

You've probably made a mistake in copying and pasting the command, see
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Compound_commands for help in pasting.

An alternative?  Install a build with these codecs already included;
why can't you do that?

On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 08:11:22AM -0400, Adam Holt wrote:
> Is it normal that the following command fails with a series of "no such file or
> directory" messages?
>
> Here's the command suggested by[1] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/GStreamer#
> Adding_codecs
>
> sudo yum localinstall -y \[2] http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/
> rpmfusion-free-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm \[3] http://
> download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$(rpm
> -E %fedora).noarch.rpm && \ sudo yum install -y gstreamer{1,}-plugins-ugly
> gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-ffmpeg
>
> Are there any alternatives?
>
> Or conversely, if the above wiki page is very stale, should we post a warning
> there?

> [1] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/GStreamer#Adding_codecs
> [2] http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$(rpm
> [3] http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$(rpm