Status of marvell-ipp

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Oct 7 16:55:44 EDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 08, 2014 at 01:46:44AM +0700, James B wrote:
> I'm the maintainer of a small desktop Linux OS (FatdogArm) which
> runs on many ARM platforms including OLPC XO-1.75 and XO-4; together
> with Yioryos we released support for OLPC late last year.

Great!  Got a link?

> I have recently looked at video playback acceleration and have
> successfully managed to get it going for other platforms, so I'm
> thinking to do so on OLPC as well. Before I start, though, I'd like
> to ask you about the status of marvell-ipp
> (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Vmeta) as of today?

I think this page is up to date, and have been repeating the
installation instructions on 14.1.0 (Fedora 20) in the past few days,
but haven't finished verifying yet.

> I checked the OLPC git repos and rpmdropbox and I can't get the
> marvel-ipp binaries there.

Yes.

> I can actually find these binaries by doing google search (and the
> binaries were clearly marked for OLPC usage) but I would rather be
> in the clear when it comes to licensing - are these licensed to OLPC
> so that they can be used in any OS that runs on the XOs, or are the
> license more restricted than that? (ie: no license at all, license
> per region, official OLPC OS only, etc, etc). If it is licensed
> freely, then is there an official location where I can get this
> binaries?

Sorry, I don't know.  I have only vague recollections.  Any research
would be costly.

Instead, why not look at:
https://github.com/etnaviv/etna_viv

--