Status of marvell-ipp

James B jamesbond3142 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 14:46:44 EDT 2014

Dear all,

I'm the maintainer of a small desktop Linux OS (FatdogArm) which runs on many ARM platforms including OLPC XO-1.75 and XO-4; together with Yioryos we released support for OLPC late last year.

I have recently looked at video playback acceleration and have successfully managed to get it going for other platforms, so I'm thinking to do so on OLPC as well. Before I start, though, I'd like to ask you about the status of marvell-ipp (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Vmeta) as of today?

I checked the OLPC git repos and rpmdropbox and I can't get the marvel-ipp binaries there. I can actually find these  binaries by doing google search (and the binaries were clearly marked for OLPC usage) but I would rather be in the clear when it comes to licensing - are these licensed to OLPC so that they can be used in any OS that runs on the XOs, or are the license more restricted than that? (ie: no license at all, license per region, official OLPC OS only, etc, etc). If it is licensed freely, then is there an official location where I can get this binaries?

Thank you.

--
James B <jamesbond3142 at gmail.com>